- This page describes the rules in which the personal information is handled in the Website of Mindray Medical India Private Limited, displayed at the URL www.mindrayindia.com (“the Website”). Mindray Medical India Private Limited and its affiliates and subsidiaries (“Mindray”, “our”, “we” or “us”) respect your right to privacy and personal data protection. Mindray is bound by the data privacy principles, contained in the Information Technology Act, 2020 read with Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011. Mindray is also bound by various legislations, some of which are the Constitution of India, Indian Penal Code, 1860, Indian Contract Act, 1872 which outlines the right of privacy of every individual and the consequences of its breach (Indian Privacy Laws). The object of Indian Privacy Laws is to protect the confidentiality of “sensitive personal data or information” and the privacy of individuals by regulating the way in which such sensitive personal information is managed.
- Mindray appreciates the interest you have shown in our company, products and services by visiting our websites such as www.mindrayindia.com or other related communication channels, including, but not limited to, our social media pages, channels, mobile apps and/or blogs (together “Mindray Pages”). This Privacy Notice applies to all the Personal Information Mindray collects online and offline when you interact with Mindray, such as when you visit Mindray Pages, when you use the products or services offered by Mindray, when you purchase products of Mindray, when you subscribe to newsletters and when you contact our customer support, either as a visitor, a customer or a potential customer, or an agent of our suppliers or business partners, etc.
- We may also provide you with separate privacy notices to inform you how we collect and process your Personal Information for some specific circumstances like products, services or projects offered by Mindray, for example when you attend our clinical research programs, or when you use our mobile apps. Such separate privacy notices shall in principle prevail over this Privacy Notice if there is any conflict or inconsistency between the separate privacy policies and this Privacy Notice, unless mentioned or agreed otherwise.
2. What Personal Information Do We Collect and for Which Purpose?
Mindray Account Data
- The term “Personal Information” in this Privacy Notice refers to information relates to you or allows us to identify you, either directly or in combination with other information that we hold. We encourage you to keep your personal settings and Personal Information complete and current.
Promotional Communication Data
- You can create an online Mindray account for a better service experience, such as online device registration or providing your feedback through Mindray Pages.
- When you create an account on Mindray Pages, we collect the following Personal Information:
- Email address;
- You may also choose whether to provide the following Personal Information about you to your account, such as the company you work for, the city that you are located in, your address, postal code and telephone number.
- We use this Personal Information in order to create and maintain your Mindray Account. You can use your Mindray Account for various services. When you do so, we may add additional Personal Information to your Mindray Account. The following paragraphs inform you of the services you may use and what Personal Information we will add to your Mindray Account when you use the respective services.
Marketing Activities Data
- You can choose to sign up for marketing and promotional communications. If you do so, we will collect and use the following Personal Information about you:
- Your email address;
- Your Mindray Account Data;
- Your interactions with Mindray, such as the subscription or un-subscription of newsletters and other promotional communications, the Personal Information you provided during your attendance of our events.
- We use this Personal Information to send you promotional communications – based on your preferences and behavior – about Mindray products, services, events and promotions.
- We may contact you with promotional communications via email, SMS and other digital channels, such as mobile apps and social media. To be able to tailor the communications to your preferences and behaviour and provide you with the best, personalized experience, we may analyse and combine all information associated with your Mindray Account Data and data about your interactions with Mindray. We also use this information to track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
- Mindray will give you the opportunity to withdraw your consent to receiving promotional communications at any time via the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each promotional email you may receive from us or otherwise contained in the communications we send you. You may also contact us to withdraw your consent via the contact information specified in the section “How to Contact Us”.
Purchase & Registration Data
- You may wish to attend certain events, webinars, exhibitions or fairs (“Marketing Activities”) held by Mindray or other organizers. You may register for the Marketing Activities through Mindray Pages, via our distributors or directly with the organizer of the Marketing Activities. We may send you invitation of such Marketing Activities. For this purpose we may need the following Personal Information from you:
- Company/Hospital you work for;
- The product/service that you are interested in;
- Furthermore, we may need the following additional information when you interact with Mindray as a professional, which includes but is not limited to your ID number and passport number, in order to communicate with you about the Marketing Activities or for other purposes depending on the actual situation. We will give you specific notice or otherwise inform you about purpose and collection and use of your Personal Information.
- By registering for a Marketing Activity with Mindray, you agree to receive communications from Mindray directly related to the Marketing Activity, such as where the Marketing Activity will be hosted, when the Marketing Activity takes place.
Customer Service Data
- When you purchase products and/or services from Mindray, or when your register your product and/or services, we may collect the following Personal Information:
- Telephone number;
- Company/Hospital you work for;
- Shipment/Invoice Address;
- Postal Code;
- Invoice history, which includes an overview of Mindray products/services purchased by you;
- Details of conversations that you may have with the Customer Service around your purchase;
- Details of your registered Product/service, such as the name of the product/service, the product category it belongs to, the product model number, date of purchase, proof of purchase.
- We collect this Personal Information to help you complete your purchase and/or registration of your product and/or services.
User Feedback Data
- When you interact with our Customer Service through our call center, WeChat subions, WhatsApp, email or other Mindray Pages, we will use the following Personal Information about you:
- Your Mindray Account Data;
- Company and hospital that you work for;
- Your call recording and history, purchase history, the content of your questions, or requests that you addressed.
- We use this Personal Information to provide you customer support related to the product and/or service you purchased from Mindray, such as to respond to your inquiries, fulfil your requests as well as repair or replace products.
- We may also use this Personal Information to improve our products and services, to solve any potential disputes with you, and to educate our customer service representatives during training.
- You could choose to submit any comments, questions, requests or complaints about our products and/or services (“User Feedback Data”) through various channels offered by Mindray Pages. When you do so, we may collect the following Personal Information from you:
- Your Mindray Account Data
- Details of your comment/ questions/ requests/ complaints.
- We use this Personal Information to respond to your questions, fulfil your requests, resolve your complaints as well as to improve our Mindray Pages, products and services.
Online Activities Data
- We may use Personal Information we collect from you while you use Mindray products, services and/or our Mindray Pages for analytical purposes. We do this in order to understand your interests and preference, to improve our Products, Services and/or our Mindray Pages and to enhance your user experience.
3. Sharing Your Personal Information with Others
Affiliates and subsidiaries
Service providers and other third parties
- We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates and subsidiaries within the Mindray Group for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
Other uses and disclosures
- We may share your Personal Information with our third party service providers, in accordance with this Privacy Notice and applicable laws, in order for them to assist us in providing certain services, such as website hosting, information technology and related infrastructure provision, cloud service, order fulfilment, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other services. We will require these service providers to protect your Personal Information that they process on our behalf with contract or other manners.
- We may share your Personal Information with third parties, for them to send you marketing communications, if you agreed to receive marketing communications from them.
- We may also share your Personal Information with our business partners where it is necessary for the purposes listed in this Privacy Notice, for example where we may sell a product or offer certain services to you together with our business partners.
- We may also use and disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence, to respond to requests from public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence, to cooperate with law enforcement or for other legal reasons; (b) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (c) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates or subsidiaries, you or others.
- In addition, Mindray may also share your Personal Information to a third party (including any agent, auditor or other service provider of a third party) in the event of any contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
4. Third-party services
- During your online journey across Mindray Pages, you may encounter links to other service providers or directly use services offered by third party service providers, which may include social media platform provider, other app developer or other website operator (such as WeChat, Microsoft, LinkedIn, Google, etc.). These contents, link or plug-in are added on our websites for the purpose of facilitating your log-in to our Websites, sharing information to your account on these third party services.
5. Cookies or other similar technologies
- The information collected is used to:
- Ensure that the Mindray Pages function properly;
- Analyze Mindray Pages usage so we can measure and improve performance of Mindray Pages;
- Help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond Mindray Pages.
6. Your Rights and Choices
- Subject to applicable laws and regulations, you may have the following rights in relation to your Personal Information we hold: access, rectification, erasure, restriction on processing, objection to processing, withdrawal of consent, and portability. More specifically, you could submit a request to access certain Personal Information we maintain about you; request us to update, correct, amend, erase or restrict the processing of your Personal Information. Where provided by law, you may withdraw consent you previously provided to us or object at any time to the processing of your Personal Information on legitimate grounds relating to your situation, and we will apply your preferences going forward as appropriate. Besides the options available in various Mindray Pages, such as the unsubscribe option contained in promotional emails, the possibility to access and manage your Mindray Account Data after you log in, to request to exercise these rights, you may also directly contact Mindray as indicated in the How to Contact Us section of this Privacy Notice.
- We will respond to your requests in accordance with applicable laws and we may need to ask you to provide additional information to verify your identity. Please also understand that under some circumstances we may not be able to respond to your requests for some lawful grounds under applicable laws, for example where the response to your requests may make us violate our legal obligations.
- In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to access or have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information limited from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information.
7. How we Protect your Personal Information
- Mindray uses a variety of technical and organisational measures and procedures under the guidance of ISO/IEC 27001 information security management system (ISMS) to protect your Personal Information. For example, we implement access controls, use firewalls, secure servers and we anonymize, pseudonymise or encrypt certain types of data, such as financial information and other sensitive data. Furthermore, Mindray will regularly test, assess and evaluate the effectiveness of the technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your Personal Information. You have the responsibility to properly keep your account name and password safe.
- Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or organizational safeguards.
8. Retention Period of Personal Information
- Unless indicated otherwise at the time of the collection of your Personal Information (e.g. within a form completed by you), we will store your Personal Information for a period of time that is necessary (i) for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed as specified in this Privacy Notice, or (ii) to comply with legal obligations (such as retention obligations under tax or commercial laws), depending on which one is longer.
9. International Transfer of Data
- Mindray is a China-headquartered global company. For the purposes specified in this Privacy Notice, we may transfer your Personal Information to our headquarter in China, Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co., Ltd. Your Personal Information may also be transferred to any Mindray group company worldwide or our third-party service providers located in countries other than where you are located that assist us in processing your Personal Information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
- These countries may have different data protection rules than that in the country in which the information was collected. In this case, we will transfer the Personal Information only for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. To the extent required by applicable law, when we transfer your Personal Information to recipients in other countries, we will take adequate measures to protect that information.
10. Special Information Regarding Minors
- While Mindray Pages are not generally targeted at minors under the age of 18, it is Mindray’ policy to comply with the law when it requires parent or guardian permission before children’s Personal Information is collected, used or disclosed. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a minor, we will immediately delete the data from our records.
- Mindray strongly recommends parents or guardians to take an active role in supervising the online activities of their children. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with his or her Personal Information without their consent, please contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section of this Privacy Notice.
11. Changes to this Privacy Notice
- The services that Mindray provides are always evolving and the form and nature of the services that Mindray provides may change from time to time without prior notice to you. We reserve the right to change or update this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect these changes in our services as well as updates in applicable laws and will post any material revisions on our websites.
- We will post a prominent notice on our privacy notice page to notify you of any significant changes to this Privacy Notice and will indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated.